Monday, September 12, 2011

Peanut butter

I felt like baking peanut cookies but since I don't have peanut butter at home, I decided to make my own. I was amazed at how easy it was! If you love peanut butter and want a healthier alternative without preservatives and make it taste like the way you want it, I would say, you have to give this a try.

2 cups roasted peanuts
2 tsp vegetable oil
A pinch of salt (if unsalted)
A pinch of sugar (if desired)

Start by roasting your peanuts, if they are not roasted. Take a wok pan and heat it, add peanuts and roast them for about 5 minutes at medium heat. You have to continuously turn and stir the peanuts so that they get evenly roasted. You can also roast the peanuts in the oven at 350 F (175 C) and you will have to turn them in the oven every one or two minutes. Do this for 5-8 minutes. Remove the shells. Allow them to cool for a while. Then grind them with peanut or vegetable oil. I used raps oil. Taste while grinding and add salt and/or sugar according to your preferences. I grinded them in small quantities to get a smooth texture and now my yummy peanut butter is ready!

No comments: